Effective as of March 18, 2014
SportsYapper is made available by Yapp Media, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("Yapp Media", "we" or "us"). We respect your privacy and want to make sure you understand our privacy practices and how information is collected and used by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it.
The Information We Collect
We may collect the following information Personal Information relating to you:
1.Personal Information you submit to us or via a third party
We may also collect and store other information that you voluntarily choose to provide, including as part of your SportsYapper user profile, which you may update via the SportsYapper website or mobile applications. Such information may include your name; age; profession; location; a brief description of yourself; your email address; SportsYapper password; and any other personal information you provide. If you contact us we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
All of your activity on SportsYapper and information in your SportsYapper user profile will be publicly viewable and capable of being shared by other SportsYapper visitors and users.
While you are using SportsYapper on a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers ("Geolocational Information"). You can withdraw this consent at any time.
In addition to the information noted above, we may also collect the following information (collectively, the "Other Information"):
- Activity.We collect and store any information regarding your use of SportsYapper, including, but not limited to, your Yapps, the teams you Yapp about, your favorite teams, games you Check In to, and the other SportsYapper users you follow and interact with.
- Other informationwe may automatically collect when you use SportsYapper includes the type of computer, mobile device, and web browser you're using; language; IP address; cookie information; referring and exit pages and URLs; the page you requested; the date, time, and amount of time spent on SportsYapper, including on particular pages or sections; what sections of SportsYapper you visit; and other similar information concerning your use of SportsYapper.
The cookies which may be used by us on our websites are:
Cookie Name Description of purpose SY This authentication cookie is used to know whether a user is logged in or not so they can move between web pages. SY_recent This cookie collects information about the pages which users have visited. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. Google Analytics These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, the pages they visited and the number of yapps they have made.
- From Other Sources.We may receive other information, including Personal Information, from Facebook, Twitter, and/or other platforms on which you use SportsYapper.
How We Use and Share Information
All of your activity on SportsYapper, such as your Yapps, Check Ins, favorite teams, users you follow, and any information in your profile will be viewable by other visitors and users of SportsYapper. Please only post content and provide information you are comfortable being seen and shared by others, including people who are not your friends. When you share information or content you should think carefully about what you are making public. This information may also be indexed by search engines and, with your permission, shared on Facebook and Twitter. Further, other SportsYapper users may copy and share information you post on SportsYapper. SportsYapper cannot control or prevent this kind of activity.
Third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information only if you give them explicit permission to do so. SportsYapper uses standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us (e.g., your Yapps and Check-In information) without sharing your security credentials.
SportsYapper may contact you by email regarding updates to our policies and to the SportsYapper service and to send daily or weekly activity summaries or other activities and information that we feel may be of interest to you. You may elect to turn off or unsubscribe from such email notifications.
In addition to the above, we may use information we collect as described below:
- We may share with Facebook or Twitter information related to your use of SportsYapper. Information shared with Facebook or Twitter will be attributed to your Facebook or Twitter account. Facebook or Twitter's use of such information and any information it collects from your use of its service is governed by their respective privacy policies.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and provide a better experience on SportsYapper, we may analyze information we collect in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve SportsYapper and to better understand how it is being used. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data publicly and with our carefully selected affiliates, agents, business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services publicly as well as to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other carefully selected companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to your information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are/business is acquired, we expect that all information collected by us, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with the other business assets. In the event an enquiry is made to acquire some or all of our business, information, including Personal Information, may also be disclosed to a prospective purchaser.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yapp Media, our users, or others.
In each of the scenarios described above, such third parties may be located in the United States or anywhere else in the world and you consent to such processing wherever that may take place.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable and the transfer of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from SportsYapper may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Any transmission is at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share it with anyone.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
SportsYapper is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us (including Personal Information) will be transferred to the United States. By using SportsYapper and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer and to the Personal Information being processed in the US.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access Personal Information held about you. Any access request, however, may be subject to a fee.
You can modify the Personal Information you have provided to us and/or permanently delete your SportsYapper account. If you delete your SportsYapper account we will delete all the Personal Information held about you which is publically available (e.g. your user profile and any Yapps or photographs you have posted) although Personal Information may still reside on our servers, subject to applicable law.
How to Contact Us
Copyright © 2012 Yapp Media, LLC. All rights reserved.