Effective as of March 26, 2012
SportsYapper is made available by Yapp Media, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("Yapp Media", "we" or "us"). We respect your privacy and want to make sure you understand our privacy practices and how information is collected and used by us.
The Information We Collect
We may also collect and store other information that you voluntarily choose to provide, including as part of your SportsYapper user profile, which you may update via the SportsYapper website or mobile applications. Such information may include your location; a brief description of yourself; your Twitter username; a link to your Twitter page, blog, or web site; and any other personal information you provide.
All of your activity on SportsYapper and information in your SportsYapper user profile will be publicly viewable and shareable by other SportsYapper visitors and users.
While you are using SportsYapper on a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers ("Geolocational Information").
In addition to the information noted above, we may also collect the following information (collectively, the "Other Information"):
- Activity.We collect and store any information regarding your use of SportsYapper, including, but not limited to, your Yapps, the teams you Yapp about, your favorite teams, games you're watching (as indicated by your use of the Game On feature), and the other SportsYapper users you follow and interact with.
Other information we may automatically collect when you use SportsYapper includes the type of computer, mobile device, and web browser you're using; language; IP address; cookie information; referring and exit pages and URLs; the page you requested; the date, time, and amount of time spent on SportsYapper, including on particular pages or sections; what sections of SportsYapper you visit; and other similar information concerning your use of SportsYapper.
- From Other Sources.We may receive other information from Facebook, Twitter, and/or other platforms on which you use SportsYapper.
How We Use and Share Information
All of your activity on SportsYapper, such as your Yapps, Game On activity, favorite teams, users you follow, and any information in your profile will be viewable by other visitors and users of SportsYapper. Please only post content and provide information you are comfortable being seen and shared by others, including people who are not your friends. This information may also be indexed by search engines and, with your permission, shared on Facebook and Twitter. Further, other SportsYapper users may copy and share information you post on SportsYapper. SportsYapper cannot control or prevent this kind of activity.
Third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information only if you give them explicit permission to do so. SportsYapper uses standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us (e.g., your Yapps and Game On information) without sharing your security credentials.
SportsYapper may contact you by email regarding updates to our policies and to the SportsYapper service and to send daily or weekly activity summaries or other activities and information that we feel may be of interest to you. You may elect to turn off email notifications by visiting the Settings page on our website or in our mobile applications. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions contained in the bottom of the email.
In addition to the above, we may use information we collect as described below:
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and provide a better experience on SportsYapper, we may analyze information we collect in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve SportsYapper and to better understand how it is being used. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data publicly and with our affiliates, agents, business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services publicly as well as to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to your information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that all information collected by us would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yapp Media, our users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from SportsYapper may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
SportsYapper is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using SportsYapper and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
How to Contact Us
Copyright © 2012 Yapp Media, LLC. All rights reserved.